November 10, 2010

Hallelujah Cover by John Allred

On September 22, 2010, we had a youth activity at my parents house. We started out with a BBQ followed by a live concert in the backyard. The whole day it had been pouring rain which meant only one thing...stress. I ran to my parents from work and cleaned the basement up and rearranged the furniture so that we could have a concert in there if the weather didn't permit us to have it outside. Luckily for us, the weather cooperated just in time and stopped raining for the whole activity. First we heard from Chris Bennion, who is one of my dad's young men, and one of his friends. (didn't get pictures of him). He is 17 years old and a great singer for being that young. After Chris, we heard from John Allred. John is a musician that Chase showed me many years ago. Ever since the very first concert of his that Chase took me to, I was hooked. Through the years I have gone to many concerts of his and I've become very close to him and his band members..though they have changed and rotated through the years. I love those boys with all my heart and I love hanging out with them because they are funny guys. Before the concert, in Chase's email he asked if John could play Hallelujah for him. It is one of Chase's favorite songs. I'll be honest, when John plays it...I usually cry. He puts so much feeling into the song and makes it so powerful to listen to.
Watch the video below of John playing at our house and you'll understand what I mean.




This is another video of John playing Hallelujah a year ago up in Rexburg, Idaho.
Basically, so Chase can hear it.

 If you haven't heard of John Allred..go look him up on iTunes under Allred or visit http://www.allredmusic.com/



Chase,
I hope you can watch this!
I love you so much!
Love, Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment