November 30, 2010

Birdhouse.

I just wanted to take a moment to write a little post about a certain family that means the world to me.
Next to my own family of course.
This post will be more for me than anyone else.


The Birds

Andy, Shane, Danny and Michelle
This picture is old of them, but it's the only one I can find on Layne's facebook of all four children in one picture!

Layne and Dennis
Shane and Leslie
Danny
Michelle
Andy

For those of you who don't know, which I am going to assume all of you do,
I have a missonary.
His name is
Andrew Bird.

Us at a Bee's Game with the Birds

Our Story:
The week of June 20-24,2005, I went to an EFY in Salt Lake. It wasn't like the normal EFY where you sleep there in the dorms and it costs a million dollars. This one was from 9am-9pm every day for a week. You'd go home and sleep in your own bed (in my case, Grandpa Stallings house). It only cost like $60 dollars or something. Basically, it was exactly like the normal EFY minus having to wake up at 6am! It was tons of fun.
Anyway, Andy happened to be at the same EFY with me. We were in the same group and I thought he was cute. Funny part of the story that he and others won't let me forget, I liked another boy there named Allyn. He was NERDY!
(Looking back I can't believe what I was thinking!)
While I was goo goo over Allyn, my cousin Emily who came to EFY with me was liking Andy. During one of the dances, I wasn't feeling well so I went out in the hall to sit for a little bit. As I was sitting there, Andy
(who happens to hate dancing as much as me)
came out and started talking to me. I didn't think anything of it except that he was really nice!
(now if any of you know Andy you know that...this is weird!! so for him to come up to me is crazy!)
While we were sitting there talking, my "crush" Allyn, came out to ask me to dance. Away I went with Allyn, leaving Andy sitting there alone...poor thing.
After EFY, I would talk to Andy every once in a while on MSN messenger. I'd tell him about all the boys I was crushing on at the time. 
(he makes fun of me for that still) 
Emily was still liking Andy and I was talking to her one day and I was sort of telling her how "unless she thinks her and Andy are going to go anywhere, she might as well move on."
(please forgive me Em, love you)
She eventually agreed.
A few months later, Andy and I began to talk more and more. I fell for him and his adorable-ness.
 (the talk with emily wasn't on purpose to get him to myself!!)
Months went by and we saw each other once or twice. One of those times being when I was sleeping over at Emily's he came over to say Hello since he was only 15 minutes away...
(emily you are probably laughing at all this now...at least i hope!).
 June 24, 2006 came along and we decided to become "boyfriend and girlfriend". We were official.
In 2009, he left on an LDS mission. We had dated for 3 years (on and off) and then he left me to go serve the Lord. It was hard, but I wouldn't want him any other place right now.
We both decided it would be best for me to not wait for him, but if I am around when he gets home we'll try things out and see what happens. He now has 4ish months left!
This June 24, 2011 will be our 5th year of "dating"
(if you could call it that since he's been gone 2 years)
It's so crazy to me to think that we've known each other for 6 long wonderful years!




(Picture in the top right corner b/w was taken when we first started dating as 15 and 16 year olds)


The family:
While Andy and I were dating the 3 years before his mission, we spent a lot of time talking and getting to know each other. It took us a whole year before we even kissed! It took even longer for me to not be shy to go to his house when his family was there.
As time went on, I became closer and closer to his family. When he left on his mission we'd get together almost every month for family dinner and games.
(morgan's and bird's)
I consider his nieces and nephews (mia, dylan, layla and soon to be devin) to be my own nieces and nephews! I love everything about this family. They know how to treat others. They truly have the light of Christ in their lives. Layne is always looking out for others before herself. They all know how to be a close family and trust me..they are. There's not one thing they wouldn't do for each other. I feel so lucky to have been included with such open arms into this family. They love me for who I am and I don't have to pretend to be anyone else.
I want the Bird family to know how much I love and care about them! I will always be here when they need me.
Andy and I promised each other that even if we aren't meant to be..we'll always stay best friends.
I love him so much and I'm proud of every single thing he is doing and has done.


                                            Bailey Andy Shane                               Michelle Dylan Austyn Mia Bailey

                                    Danny Dylan Shane                                                            Dennis Shane

                               Shane Chay Danny Andy Bailey                                              Michelle Bailey Andy 


LOVE YOU ALL!
You guys mean the world to me and I hope that we will always continue making memories together!


Thank you Layne for your picture taking skills and for letting me steal the pictures ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ok so for the record....Allyn was a complete weirdy and I'm so glad you realize that! haha I'm happy that you and Andy hit it off. I for one think you guys are so cute together!! For the record though....i didn't even like him as much as you make it sound and now its like i didn't even like him at all so for all of you people that read this wonderful post I'm not heart broken or mad or pathetic haha Andy is a great guy for Bailey! I love them both :) <3 love you bay! I'm routing for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three words for this. I think you know them well..

    TEAM ANDY WOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably the sweetest and most precious thing anyone has ever done for the "Birds". I am so glad you are part of our life. I will always be grateful for the joy you have added to our family. Your smile, your laughter and your love will be a treasure we keep in our hearts forever. Thank-you for accepting us and all our crazy quirks, we love you, Mommy Bird

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! We all love you too. The kids call you Aunt Bailey and we all secretly hope that will be an official title someday (ok, so it's not really a secret). :)

    ReplyDelete