February 3, 2011

He Raised The Bar

Elder Morgan was called to serve in the
Guatemala Quetzaltenango Mission
on
January 28, 2009


in July 2010 he was issued another mission call to serve in the
Guatemala, Retalhuleu Mission
for the last 6 months of his mission.


Today,
February 3, 2011 at 4:07pm
Elder Chase Morgan
will be in Salt Lake City.

He served
a full time mission
as a happy missionary
giving it his all until the very end.

I couldn't be more proud of my brother!
He truly gave 110% to the Lord on his mission.
He is such a role model for everyone that knows him!

I wanted to share with you his last letter of the mission....
Enjoy!
Dad, Mom, and Family
Wow!  Its here.  Its here and i still dont believe it.  It still hasnt really hit me.  I think it will be just like you said about you guys...i probably wont really feel it until i am on the way to the airport haha.  It really is so weird to think that the time has come.  I dont know what im going to do when i get home either.  All i know is that im going to FREEZE!!!  I get super cold when it gets down to like 55 degrees.  The good thing is that we have a fireplace, hot showers, and nice coats to keep me warm haha. 
Well this past week has been a great one.  It feels good to say, i worked hard, did my best, and i feel good about it.  It really is so satisfying to be able to say that i endured to the end.  Its not always easy, but it is definitely worth it!  We were working pretty hard to get our baptisms all ready, and to help the zone with all their baptisms and interviews and everything.  We finished up with 2 baptisms this last week, and we had 13 baptisms in the zone.  One area baptized a family of 8!  It was soo awesome.  To finish off the month, the zone finished with 23 baptisms!  The most this zone had ever had was 14 before.  As we were working throughout the week we were always in contact with the office, and we kept asking, how are the other zones doing?  And as of thursday we were in first place with 23, the next had 22.  I was so excited and happy until friday night they told us that the zone with 22 put like 4 more baptism dates to take the lead by 3.  I was happy for them, but pretty sad at the same time haha.  The worst part is is that we had 4 other people that we could have baptized, but are going to get baptized next week.  It was a bummer.  Mostly because the zone leader there, Elder Grover was my companion in the MTC and we are going home together so i really wanted to beat him this month haha.  But we both finished on a great note.  The mission baptized more people this month than in any other previous month.  I feel really happy about the work we have been able to do.  What a blessing it is to help people enter into the waters of baptism to make this sacred convenant with the Lord.  I am so blessed to have been able to witness this miracle.
So thats pretty much how the week went.  We were visiting the 2 baptisms a lot and teaching a few others that are really close to baptism.  It was such an amazing experience being able to testify with all my heart and love to them for the last time.  There is nothing like it.  It was an exciting week full of hard work and a lot of running around, getting everything organized, finding more baptism clothes, inviting people to the stake conference, and having a good time.  The baptisms went really awesome too.  And, for the first time in my life, i confirmed the kid that i baptized.  What an amazing experience.  It might sound weird that i havent ever confirmed anyone, but we always try to have the members do it.  But this time, the bishop invited us to do the confirmations.  There was such a great spirit there, and we had a few investigators there that really enjoyed it.  This next month should be a great one for our area.  The sad part is that my companion got transfered also, and they are going to bring in 2 new zone leaders.  I have no idea why.  It was cool also, cause in the baptism, our convert of 2 weeks gave the message!  She was so nervous but gave one of the most impressing testimonies i have heard in my life.  The church is true!  What a blessing it is to see how the gospel changes the lives of these people.  I am going to miss it so much!
Anyways, thats about it for the week.  Except that today we got to go play mini golf as a zone for the great work they did this month!  It was a blast.  But i will be seeing you on Thursday!  I love you all! Thanks for your support, prayers, and examples.  I would just like to close with my testimony.
 
These past 2 years have come and gone, sometimes it seems like not too much has happened, but when i truly look back on these 2 years, i see how these last 2 years have truly, without a doubt, changed my life.  I never really understood anything before my mission.  I knew i should do the right things in my life, but i had no idea what that really meant.  I now have a true, firm testimony of the things that i have been teaching these wonderful people of Guatemala.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and my love for Him is intensely great.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and that through him, the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored.  I know that the proof of all this is The Book of Mormon.  I know it is the word of God, and the guide to happiness in our life.  I know that faith, repentance, baptism, the reception of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end are vital steps to return to the presence of our Loving Heavenly Father, and that we have the authority to perform these ordinances.  I know He loves us, and that His plan for us is perfect.  I know that through keeping the Lords commandments, we will be immediately blessed.  Its not always easy, and it will be a constant struggle against the natural man, but through diligence, obedience, repentance, and the love of Jesus Christ, we can become more and more perfect each and every day.

One of my biggest goals has been, and i hope you have noticed, is to always stay happy.  Through the good times and the bad, we must always stay happy!  This is the best time of my life, why wouldn’t i be happy?  Every day should be the best day of our lives, and every day through our trials, we will learn how to become more like God.  What an experience!  As the beloved Elder Wirthlin said, "Come what may, and Love it"  I know that we all have angels on our side, guiding us through life, helping us every day, and protecting us.  In a blessing i received i was told, One day, you will realize that Gods hand has been in your life all along.  Oh how true that is.  I have felt His love, and he has guided me, making me an instrument in his hands to perform miracles in the lives of many people, but mainly my own.

I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity i have had, to serve, and love the people of Guatemala.  By this small act of service i have been able to understand just a little better the mission our Lord and Savior.  He is the perfect example of Charity, Service, Obedience, Humility, Diligence, and many other qualities of which i hope to develop more fully in my life.  But to be able to see the changes and sacrifices the people have made in their life, i have truly been blessed and strengthened.  As you said Dad, "You serve, He blesses you, you serve more to repay Him for your blessings, and He blesses you even more.  It is one eternal round."  I am so grateful for the Love of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity i have had to serve His children, and help them enter into the way of eternal salvation and joy.  What a blessing these things are in my life.  I know they are true.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen
Love, Elder Morgan
The Beginning.

The End.



2 comments:

  1. I love this! He is such a great guy and had an qmazing mission! I am proud of him and he has been an example to me! I am so excited for you and your family today!! Love you sissy

    ReplyDelete