March 1, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

Life has been pretty good lately!
We've been working hard on wedding plans, finding a place to live, and... buying a fish tank!
HAHA!
The other night we were at the store and I wanted to go over to Petco and buy a fish.
I have a 2.5 gallon tank that Vince and Katie gave me when they gave me Mildred (the snail), so I figured it wouldn't be bad to get a fish!
We headed over to the store (me, Andy and Emily).
As Andy was looking around, I found a 10 gallon tank that was only $50! I thought they were way more expensive than that so I was thinking this was a great deal. It came with a filter, and starter stuff.
So I gave Andy my puppy dog eyes and convinced him it'd be fun to get a 10 gallon tank and have an aquarium!
We continued to grab all the supplies and whatnot that you need to have fish.
Sheesh, I did not think a fish needed this much stuff!
As we were getting all of our stuff, the nice worker lady came over to assist us with our new hobby.
She told us about a 15 gallon tank that they had and it was on sale for $40! This one came with everything the other one did plus a thermometer!
(Way better deal compared to the 10 gallon)
So after we got all of the stuff, we purchased it and headed home....
with no fish.
I went in for fish and came out with everything but fish!
A new tank is supposed to be run for 24 hours before you put fish in.
We waited for about 20 hours and then headed to buy fish!
(I'm not very patient...hence the 20 hour wait instead of the 24 hour wait)

We literally went to every pet store around here to find the best priced/best looking fish we could find.
We ended up getting them at Animal Ark because they were the coolest fish out there.

We decided on:
2 Glo Fish (yellow and pink)
2 Ghost Glass Catfish
2 Fiddler Crabs

Pictures below!

The tank

"Hey Arnold"

"Helga"

"Lava" the pink Glo and (no name) the yellow Glo

Hiding under the rock-See Through Guy #1

Hiding by the plant-See Through Guy #2


We have definitely had a blast getting these fish!
The first worker to help us explained that we don't want to buy too many fish at one time and we should space the purchases out by about a week or so.
So we will be going to the store on Saturday to buy 2 more fish!

Every night we find ourselves gathering around the tank and just laying there for hours just watching the fish/our tank.
We love it!!
So relaxing haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment